Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Random Thoughts

Thanks to everyone who commented or e-mailed yesterday. Just knowing you are out there helps.

Ok. I didn't start reading PvPonline until the lame Aquaman joke (which I thought was really funny, actually). Now that I'm reading it, I found a link to an artist's site, and I'm impressed. This guy is good. He's name is Darren "Yoda Boy" Calvert, I'm going to link to some of my personal faves in his portfolio. Moving down his list, Amy and Kif from Futurama, a new costume design for Impulse/Kid Flash, a very odd Usagi Yojimbo, a new design for Wonder Woman, a new design for Batgirl, Lara Kent and Catgirl from DK2, a very scary Alastor "Mad Eye" Moody from the Harry Potter series, and Ronald McDonald for the current generation. Very neat. Thanks, PvP!

Speaking of artwork, Marta's latest is of Charlie Weasley.

If you are reading JLA/Avengers, this round-up of items is a must-read. Unless you were already perfectly familiar with all the artefacts involved. via neilalien

A good open letter to reviewers who like comic books but feel obligated to point out that comics are some kind of lower form of entertainment in their otherwise positive reviews. via Neil Gaiman

La Cárcel de Papel is still the most interesting blog out there that I can't read. In my opinion, at least. My years of high school Spanish are getting a serious workout.

I already mentioned that Modulator found Nemo, but I'll mention it again in case you missed it the first time... since I think I linked directly to the picture instead of to the post.

Oh man, it's Chicken Fat! Thank you, Olsen, this one took me way, way back.

Want to know what some of those weird keys on your keyboard do? Here's an article about the Scroll Lock key. via Slashdot

0 comments: