Thursday, February 05, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 4 February 2004 - Part I

Plastic Man #3: Not quite as bad as the first issue, not quite as funny/good as the last issue. This book just isn't my cuppa. 2 1/2 starfish

Y The Last Man #19: Frankly, we got this for the cover. Hubby-Eric is a big Wizard of Oz fan, as you all know, so he couldn't resist the obvious homage. Since we haven't been buying the book, we're not sure what's happening, but it wasn't too hard to figure out. The first two pages are Oz-ifiric, then we get into a bondage comic book. That "Mature Readers" label is there for a reason. For the Oz bits, this gets a good grade. For the rest... um... it was ok. 3 starfish

JSA #58: The cliff-hanger makes this issue. If I say much more, I'll spoil it, but let's say I didn't care for all the endless fighting, but the last page turned a lot of my opinion around. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Futurama, Justice League Adventures, Usagi Yojimbo, Birthright, and Supreme Power.

0 comments: