Sunday, August 01, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 28 July 2004 - Part IV

Justice League Unlimited: Initiation: Had to watch this, but we almost forgot! Half the fun of this episode was trying to identify all the characters who showed up in the backgrounds and the crowd scenes. There were a LOT. Aquaman's appearance was tiny, but then so was Wonder Woman's. And did I really see Dolphin? In short, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this one. Oh yeah... the story wasn't bad, either. I really like the animated Green Arrow, and I adore the way this one ended. I hope somebody puts up an annotated version complete with screen caps. 4 starfish

Conan #6: The final issue in the Hyperborea arc, and completely different than I was expecting to see. I guess I was getting used to the idea that Conan always wins. This book is definitely cool, and when Dark Horse collects it I'd be inclined to get a copy for my shelf. 4 starfish

Powers v2 #2: We kind of expected this to happen eventually. I mean the reappearance of a certain character that you saw in the cliff-hanger to the last issue... not to mention her identity. I'm really enjoying this series, and I'm curious what kind of storylines will play out in this new world. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Usagi Yojimbo and Samurai Executioner.