Saturday, August 22, 2015

Hugo Awards...

So... How am I doing?

The Campbell - I voted for Chu. He won.

1-0

Fan Artist - I put Schoenhuth first and Leggett second, Leggett won.

1-1

Fan Writer - I put No Award first, then Mixon. Mixon won.

1-2

Fancast - I put Tea and Jeopardy first, then Galactic Suburbia Podcast. Galactic Suburbia Podcast won.

1-3

Fanzine - I put Journey Planet first. It won.

2-3

Semiprozine - I put Lightspeed first. It won.

3-3

Related Work - I put No Award. It won.

4-3

Graphic Story - I put Saga first. Ms. Marvel won.

4-4

Editor: Short Form - I put Brozek first, then Resnick. No Award won.

4-5

Editor: Long Form - I put Gilbert first, then Sowards. No Award won.

4-6

Professional Artist - I put Dillon first. She won.

5-6

So far this has been a complete rejection of the slate nominees.

A dalek comes out to present the dramatic presentation awards... I think it's Clara, but I'm not sure. Dalek Rainier?

Dramatic Short Form - I put Doctor Who first. Orphan Black won.
Video blanked out during the announcement, so Eric and I missed it.

5-7

Dramatic Long Form - I put Edge of Tomorrow first, LEGO movie second. Guardians of the Galaxy won.
This is the first win for anything that was on a slate.

5-8

Short Story - I put No Award first. No Award won.

6-8

Novelette - I put No Award first. The Day The World Turned Upside-Down won.

6-9

Novella - I put No Award first. No Award won.

7-9

Novel - I put The Goblin Emperor first, then Ancillary Sword. The Three-Body Problem won.
The award was announced from the space station.

7-10

Well, dang. I am really no good at this.

0 comments: