Thursday, September 17, 2015

As a kid, these cartoons really scared me...

...as I grew older, I took the "if every kid did it" to heart, and tried hard to not contribute to pollution or any other problems I could see. Thanks to my co-worker Julia for making me remember these.


Willie Wimple went a-walking
and he threw a paper here
tossed a wrapper there til trash was everywhere
Now if every kid did it, can't you see
What an ugly place it would be?

No room for a marching band
No place for people to stand
No parks to play in, yards to stay in,
Just trash across our land

And if every kid did it, can’t you see
What an messy, dirty, no-fun world it would be?
Yuck!


Willie Wimple went a-boating
Making dirty water here
Pouring stuff there, 'til the gunk was everywhere
Now if every kid did it, can't you see
What an icky mess it would be?

No place for fish to swim
No lakes for sailing in
No rivers, no streams, no submarines
No swimming ever again!

Now if every kid did it, can't you see
What an icky, messy, no-fun world it would be?
Yuck!

There's also a third Willie Wimple video dealing with deforestation.

0 comments: