Friday, November 14, 2003

Random Thoughts

Jim Henley on Flag Burning.

Bob Harris is still gushing about the man vs machine chess match, which the machine apparently won brilliantly.

John Jakala has the last word on the Alex Ross debate as far as I'm concerned. What he said. The grandeur, the awe... if Ross's work shows anything, it shows the flaws in that take on superheroes. In any case, I want to reiterate that I'm not upset at David Fiore. Really. I was miffed at the way he originally stated his opinion, and I still disagree with his take, but no anger. Really. I know I come across that way, but it's just the debating style... no heat.

Speaking of Alex Ross, I wish I could afford to get Alter Ego. I would get it monthly, but it's just too much for our strained resources.

Pulse reports on Operation Comix Relief. If you can, donate books or money to the cause. The effort is to send comics to troops stationed abroad (especially in hostile areas).

So, Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex is up on-line, apparently with Larry Niven's permission. Unless you are interested in the reproductive capabilities of Kryptonians residing on Earth, don't follow the link.

Peter David on threats from fans. Yeah, it's a pretty serious problem, and yeah, Peter David is perfectly right to take any threats seriously.

In Sequence on Cinnamon: El Ciclo, a book that I'm really enjoying, too. Next issue is due out next Wednesday.

Legomancer also enjoyed the clone wars cartoons. He's rightfully upset that we're getting cartoons instead of a clone wars movie, but agrees that the cartoons are very well done, maybe better than the prequels.

So, explain to me. How did Aquaman drop 31 spots in sales ranking, yet still sell nearly 1000 more copies than last month?

Current BBBB Computer Fund Total: $10.00 - Number of "Blue Screens" yesterday: 1 - A good day.

To my immense surprise and contrary to all my realistic expectations, I got a donation for my computer fund this morning. I kind of just figured everyone who reads my blog is as broke as I am (Johnny B and Elayne are both job-hunting, for instance). So I'm very grateful to the person who donated... it really made my day. Thank you.

0 comments: