Saturday, November 15, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 12 November 2003 - Part IV

1602 Part Four: I think this is the first origin story I've ever read for Doctor Strange. I want Neilalien to read this so he can tell us how close it is to the "real" origin. It is also a clue for what is causing this universe to exist. And we get more clues in the form of American history in this reality, and a look at Doom's face! I am definitely not getting every reference, but I'm really enjoying this tale. 4 starfish

PS238 #4: Have I mentioned that I really like this book? Oh, yeah. I've given every issue so far four and a half starfish. I'm sure that's a hint. This time the crew visits the moon, and meets an unexpected inhabitant. The back-up story has a wonderful payoff in the last page. If you are not getting this book, you are seriously missing out. This is one of the best new books around. 4 1/2 starfish

Conan: The Legend: You cannot miss if a book is only 25 cents (nowadays). A fully painted book, written by Kurt Busiek, for only 25 cents is a definite. So, what did I think? Conan has the single ugliest haircut possible, but other than that, I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I liked the framing sequence, and I'm finding myself wanting to read more. Dark Horse showed an understanding of the direct market by putting this book out three months ahead of the first regular issue. Go down to your store, pay your two bits, read it, and if you like it let your retailer know so she can order a copy of the new series for you. 4 starfish

Books due out November 19th for me to review: Batman Adventures, Birds of Prey, Detective 27, Smallville, Superman: The Kansas Sighting, Cinnamon, JLA: Liberty and Justice, Outsiders, Wildguard, El Cazador, and Way of the Rat.

0 comments: