Saturday, November 15, 2003

Sketchbook - David Hahn

David Hahn was another victim at my second ever convention when I ran around getting sketches. I really don't remember getting the sketch, it has been just over four years since I got it, so it's difficult for me to recall any details. I didn't write about every con back then. Looking through the sketchbook, Hahn was the fourth artist I approached, and came right after a painter for Magic cards. I seem to recall thinking that this particular Aquaman, young and angry, would've fit right in with Kate Winslet in a popular movie of the time. With the added bonus that he wouldn't have drowned.


AQUAMAN
by David Hahn
14 November 1999
(permission to post given 17 August 2003 via e-mail)
David Hahn, Illustrator and Cartoonist

David Hahn is best known for Private Beach, a slice-of-life book about a 25-year-old who listens to voices. He's also done work for DC Comics, Antarctic Press, and NASA. No, I'm not kidding. Go look at his page. You'll never guess some of his other clients.

To see all the sketches I have permission to post so far, check out my Sketchbook Page. If you have any contact information for any of the other artists I'm trying to contact, please e-mail me. Click for a random Aquaman sketch.

Tomorrow I intend to go to the Seattle ComiCard Convention, with special guests Anne Timmons, Chuck Gibson, Mike S Miller, Paul Chadwick, and a bunch of others present. I hope to get another permission to post a sketch, and hopefully one or two more sketches to add to the sketchbook. If you plan on going, look for me wearing the Aquaman shirt with the "aged" logo that just came out. I am almost always happy to show off my sketchbooks to anyone who asks. Coming tomorrow: con report!

0 comments: