Thursday, November 27, 2003

What Am I Thankful For?

Whew. Lots to think about today. Lots to give thanks for. Here's today's thanks in no particular order:

  • I'm thankful for hubby-Eric. It's almost been ten years now (ten years July 16th). He's the best thing that ever happened to me.
  • I'm thankful for my large and boisterous family. While some people don't like their relatives, I seem to have gotten stuck with a pretty darn good bunch.
  • I'm thankful for my friends, those I've spent time with and those I've only met briefly at a con, or never at all. They are still my friends thanks to the wonder of the internet.
  • I'm thankful for the internet, e-mail, blogs, and message boards. Usenet is less impressive nowadays, but I guess I'm glad it's still around.
  • I'm thankful for free speech. I'm glad that the government is not allowed to shut me down just for stating an opinion.
  • I'm thankful for Aquaman being currently produced. I'm greedy for new stories. I'm also thankful that, out of approximately 475 Aquaman solo stories produced since 1941, I have all but 24 of them.
  • I'm thankful for retailers who wait until after Thanksgiving to start putting up Christmas stuff, instead of starting Christmas decorations before Hallowe'en. Along the same lines, I'm thankful for people who wait until the end of December (or even January) before starting to post "year in review" articles.
  • I'm thankful for people like Chris Tarbassian who send comic books to the troops overseas. I'm thankful for the troops, and anything to make their lives easier is a good thing.
  • I'm thankful for living in the United States. While we've had crummy leadership the last few years, it's still the best nation in the world to live in for sheer freedom. I hope it remains so.

For your reading pleasure: The Grinch who Moved Thanksgiving

0 comments: