Friday, March 12, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 10 March 2004 - Part III

Green Arrow #36: Interesting cover. The story had some high bits too. That's what I would call one heckuva diversion. And this is a fairly well written Riddler, too. Not bad. 3 1/2 starfish

H-E-R-O #14: It's often hard to tell the difference between a fantasy and the regular story in a comic book like this. And there's one bit in there where the story seems to be going entirely right. The ending it more true to the flavor of the whole book so far. And I'm finding myself actually looking forward to seeing what Robbie Reed is up to. 4 starfish

And a special bonus review:

8 1/2 Ghosts: The title evokes a few movie titles, none of which I've actually seen, so despite the intertextual references I came to this book clean. There's a movie director who wants to save on special effects. There's a handful of bored ghosts. And there's a movie to be shot in their haunted house. There's some fairly nice artwork, at times overly cute for the subject matter. And there's a really weak ending. This one I'm solidly neutral on. 3 starfish

Still to review: Fallen Angel and Powers.

0 comments: