Thursday, April 15, 2004

Random Thoughts

Positive Aquaman review on Four Color Meat and Fish. Check it out, then tell me again why YOU aren't buying Aquaman.

Ah, football. The 2004 NFL Schedule is out. Yup, Seattle has a Monday Night game.

Oh, this spam was wonderful:

"Dear Citi-Card _Users_, ThIs Letter was seent by_t_he OnlineCitibank server to verify your_ _mail address. You must complete this process by clicking on_the_link beelow and entering in the little winndow your Citibank _Debit Card_Number and PIN that you_use on Atm_Machine. That_is donne for-your protection becaurse some of our memmbers memmbers have access to their EMAIL_ adress_ and we must verify it. (link removed) To verify _your_ email_ adress_ and akcess your_ Citi account, click on_the__link _below_."
I'm not making any of it up. This exact letter, with all the *ahem* typos, was sent to me on an apparent phishing expedition. I wonder how many people this was "seent" to, and if the phishers got "akcess" to anyone's account.

Letters to Stars & Stripes.

Hubby-Eric and I went out to dinner tonight. We went to Taco Del Mar for the first time. Not bad, not bad at all. Then we went to Dairy Queen to get a "cheesequake" blizzard for dessert. Also not bad at all. In fact, "pretty darn good" is closer to the words I'd use.

Well, another part of it is over. The teachers in Marysville finally have a contract. Very bittersweet for hubby and I, as we have no idea if he'll be in the district next year.

I just finished reading all this week's comic books, and now I'm working on what to say. I did want to point out Dodge's Bullets to folks who may not have heard of it. The book is set in Seattle, with an artist who has actually seen the city and not just pictures of it. More on that, and the artist James Francis, in a bit. The writer is Jay Faerber, whose books are rapidly headed up my favorites list, as I'm also enjoying Noble Causes, and plan to buy more issues.

Hey, the M's just won their second game! Wahoo! A lousy start, yeah, but their still my team.

0 comments: