Friday, April 16, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 14 April 2004 - Part III

Time for me to get down to some serious reviewing. And I'm not just talking about comic books. Expect three sets of Rapid Reviews today... if I manage to write them all. If you aren't a fan of my reviewing, come back tomorrow. Let's start with some spandex-clad nonsense:

JLA #96: Striking cover, but that was about all that was striking. I felt like I was reading a poorly plotted Silver Age book. Some fun bits, but mostly dull. And lots and lots of talking without interesting visuals to match. Better than the last issue, but not by much. 2 1/2 starfish

JSA #60: Does this book ever make sense anymore? It seems like it skeps constantly from one plotline to another, never stopping on any long enough to make an impression. I like the characters, but I wish the stories were a little more focused. 3 starfish

Green Arrow #37: Nice touch having the guest appearances outside the problem area giving us a bit of exposition so we know what's happening. This issue set up an appropriate atmosphere, and looks to lead into a strong finish. A good issue. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: PS238, Age of Bronze, Dodge's Bullets, 1602, Fallen Angel, and Common Grounds. Also up for review: Angel DVDs, Betty MacDonald books, and more Majipoor. And maybe even some AIT/Planet Lar stuff, if I need a break.

0 comments: