Thursday, April 29, 2004

Random Thoughts

Want to earn a merit badge in Atomic Energy? Maybe you could build a backyard nuclear reactor. Or maybe not. This isn't what I'd call a "safe project".

Shane Bailey posts some lyrics to Ookla the Mok's great song, "Arthur Curry". As great as the song is, however, I like "Viewmaster" from the same album less than art even better. Here's Ookla the Mok's fansite.

Via Boing Boing, James Patrick Kelly is releasing audio recordings of his short stories into the wild under a creative commons license.

Fascinating article by Christopher Butcher about Manga Distribution in the US. I think he's hit all the important bits of interest to retailers and fans... Via Franklin's Findings.

The Rampaging Fanboy points out a new JSA mini coming up, with art by Barry Kitson. Yeah... Thanks for the info, Newsarama.

Also, according to the above Fanboy on a Page, it was former Aquaman writer Shaun McLaughlin who got famed Aquaman sketchbook artist Matt Haley to design the Superman you see in the Seinfeld ads. Originally from Comicon.com.

And one more bit from Fanboy Rampage is an excerpt from a Geoff Johns post on the return of Hal Jordan. Most important bit to me: "But we are not out to wipe the slate clean and go backwards to 1975. ... Truth is, you don’t know where we’re going, but we're going forward." In my opinion, just about anything would be better than the last few issue of Green Lantern.

ouch

Franklin thinks that a little competition is a good thing. This is all about Toykopop's decision to run TV ads.

Chris Hunter points out that some people still want CrossGen to succeed. I fall into that category, if only so Robin will someday get paid. And I know hubby-Eric really loves Abadazad and wants to see more issues of it.

In case you are inclined to celebrate, here's a page about Cinco De Mayo, and here's some recipe ideas.

Do you want to see if your town is on the 'net? Look it up.

Huh. Finally an "Ask Yahoo" that applies to Frankenhaus. Now, if I could only get rid of the blackberries, too...

There is a lot I would like to say about politics. However, I'm entering the "It's all futile!" phase, and I'm rapidly losing interest in the whole nightmare that is our government. So, unless something truly outrageous happens, I'm probably going to lay off the politics for some time to come. I'll still be thinking about it, but I don't plan on commenting about it. In the meantime, watch Talking Points Memo for fascinating transcripts of White House Press Briefings.

Here's a little survey for you. Answer in the comments if you feel like it. 1) Do you normally read this blog through its website, or through an aggregator (like Bloglines)? 2) What's your favorite aspect of this blog?