Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Moving Day...

So I'm starting my five week sojourn at the Pug House of Horrors (minus the pugs) today. For five weeks I'll be living in Seattle proper, away from my husband by a half-hour drive. I've been gathering all the books I want to read while I'm there, and pulling together stacks of clothing. I'll have the ability to return home at any time, but with gas prices as high as they are (topping $2.15 at the cheap stations) I'd rather avoid driving when I can. So I've got lots to do today, and hopefully I won't forget anything I need for the first night. I guess I'd better go get started...

In the meantime, here's a couple of links for you:

A novel without verbs? Um, whatever. Via Gallimaufry.

Idaho Does Not Exist. Also via Gallimaufry.

From Unqualified Offerings, let's see the Book of Revelation as a Pokemon adventure. Mature readers only.

Interesting interview with Madeleine L’Engle on MSNBC. I particularly like her answer to whether or not the 'Wrinkle in Time' movie met her expectations: Oh, yes. I expected it to be bad, and it is.

Update: Just saw this on the comic art list: Joe Linsner's Missing Artwork Returned! Complete with an apology note. That's great news for Joe, the charity the artwork was for, and the comic book community at large. Now, if only more missing artwork could be recovered...