Saturday, May 22, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 19 May 2004 - Part III

Amazing Spider-Man #66/507: I knew it. I knew it. Ezekiel's true nature is good, but he's not above fighting for something that simply wrong. This explains Ezekiel pretty well. He is a man who does what is good because he can. But at the root of his powers is a deception, and he's desperate enough to continue to carry the deception out. Odds are, he'll do what is right in the end... an easy way out, and possibly a disappointment, but I don't know how else this particular story could end. Another strong issue. 4 starfish

JLA: Another Nail #1: I'm not a fan of the New Gods, or of the whole Darkseid thing. I'm not a big fan of cosmic stories, either, so the Green Lantern corps just doesn't do that much for me. Thus the entire first half of this issue was me just reading to get the background material. But the story itself seems to be a little more ambitious. Most of this issue was set-up, and it jumped around entirely too much for my tastes. It's clear there's a big story being told, but so far I'm not impressed with the story, even if the art blows me away. Only the next two issues will tell if this one lives up to the first mini, or falls to sequelitis. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Powerpuff Girls.