Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 23 June 2004 - Part I

The Goon #7: I don't buy Hellboy. I don't buy The Goon. So why did I buy this issue? I'm not sure, but it was a fun little tale. I'm afraid it didn't make me any more likely to buy The Goon, but I liked it. Hellboy is thrown into another universe by a lucky hit meets up with The Goon and gets involved in what appears to be a long-standing dispute. Heh. This is fun, but not really my style. Mildly recommended. 3 1/2 starfish

Conan #5: The story doesn't move forward nearly as quickly as I'd like, but other than that this is a strong installment. There are a couple of nice info dump flashbacks in this one. As always, the art is simply amazing. Worth a look if you like epic fantasy. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Batman Adventures, Amazing Spider-Man, Common Grounds, Witchblade (!), and Java!