Thursday, June 24, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 23 June 2004 - Part II

Batman Adventures #15: This one throws the sympathy of the reader firmly on the side of the villain, and makes Batman look like a cad. In fact, Batman's actions in this one are a bit obnoxious, of the shoot first and ask questions later variety. In the end, despite how foolish she may be, you end up rooting for Nora. Mildly recommended. 3 1/2 starfish

Amazing Spider-Man #68/509: Ok, is it just me, or does the Spidey on the cover look like he's suffering from a bumpy rash on his shoulders? His back looks genuinely diseased. The interior artwork is going to take some getting used to, also. I can't yet decide if I like it. The writing on this one seemed off, also, but I suspect it had more to do with the art than the actual story itself. I'm pretty much undecided on this issue... mildly recommended. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Common Grounds, Witchblade, and Java!