Saturday, July 31, 2004

Sketchbook - Mike McKone

Another one of my San Diego 2000 sketches. This one was late in the book, late in the last day, with only four pages left to fill. The sketch was perfect, reminding me of the excellent Elseworld tale he tackled. Judge for yourself.


AQUAMAN
Mike McKone
23 July 2000
(permission to post given 26 April 2004 through Art Shotton)
BLUELINE ORIGINAL ARTWORK


As a reminder: Almost every sketch in my sketchbook was non-commissioned and done on the floor of a con. These are not the best works of the artists. These are only representative of what the artist can do under pressure in a loud, crowded, and often stressed-out environment. Most of them were done as quickly as possible, to prevent huge lines from forming. Don't judge any of these artists negatively by the artwork you see, instead be as impressed as I am by what they accomplished in far-from-ideal conditions.

To see all the sketches I have permission to post so far, check out my Sketchbook Page. If you have any contact information for any of the other artists I'm trying to contact, please e-mail me. Click for a random Aquaman sketch.

The Saturday Sketch ™ is brought to you by the letters "M", "K" and the number "60", and also courtesy the fine artists who pour their lives into producing wonderful comic books, then come to conventions only to get asked by geeky fangirls for a sketch of Aquaman. Support an artist, buy a comic book.