Friday, July 16, 2004

Today... Anniversary

It doesn't seem like it's been ten years. I mean, some days it feels like we've only been married a month or two. Some days, I admit, it feels like forever, but those are pretty rare. No, it's been ten years. For better and for worse, I've been married for ten years.

Eric and I got an anniversary gift (mostly for me) yesterday afternoon. We went out to get comics on Wednesday a little early, so I suggested stopping by Kenmore Camera so I could pine over digital cameras a little. Eric agreed, and I talked with a salesperson who, after hearing my camera needs, pointed me to a little camera that had all the features I might need, and also happened to be a lot less expensive than I expected.

As we left to go get comics, I was pining severely, but I didn't really think it was going to happen. Then Eric surprised me as we were discussing it later by mentioning that he was thinking of getting me a camera for our anniversary. Then I would have one on the trip... and since we're taking our laptops with us down to California, we could possibly even post images live.

So yesterday we went back to Kenmore Camera and bought the camera, a Nikon Coolpix 2200. I spent the evening reading the instruction book (what can I say, it was compelling) and taking pictures to see how well the camera worked. It works really well. I wouldn't want to use it as a professional photographer, but I'll never be more than an amatuer anyway. It's got a lot of nice features, and even can take silent movies. And at some point I can buy an SD card, which is a memory card, and be able to take tons more pictures (with the in camera memory and the setting I put it on, I can "only" take about 60 pictures in a session).

Anyway, I know what you all want to see. Here's a picture I took yesterday using the new camera. I'm sure it will only be the first of many. This is from my front yard: