Monday, August 09, 2004

Random Thoughts

More Eleven Lists:

Trash Heap
Shane Bailey
Mae Mai
ComicGate
Rich Watson
Jim Ottaviani
Sean Collins (only lists seven, but includes a few more in the commentary)

These are in addition to Lieber's Eleven, my own list, TangognaT's List, Steven at Peiratikos' List, Milo George's List, Rick's List, and Bill Sherman's List. There are also lists in the comments threads on Steve Lieber's blog. Did I miss any?

Neilalien shows us a neat tribute to Doctor Strange in the Sunday Comics page.

Hubby-Eric was doing some searches on Letterman's Top Ten Archive and found a couple of mentions of Aquaman. I wonder what other heroes I'll find if I do a search?

The Trash Heap does some reviews. Please note that the grade for Daisy Kutter is "A", not "C+". The C+ is for the back-up story, which I would have given a slightly higher grade but I agree, I would have preferred more of Daisy's story.

Read this: Mom's Cancer. It's an on-line comic strip, but just read it. Everyone. Now. Via Bugpowder.

Boing Boing tells us that Lewis Carroll's scrapbook has been placed on-line.

Rather incredible pictures of storms and clouds at this website. This guy chases storms, and even when he doesn't catch them he gets some amazing landscapes. Via Metafilter.

I'm apparently part of SquirelNation now, but I won't tell you my name since it's not parent-safe.

How's about some pug shots for a random picture. Or two. Or three.