Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Rapid Reviews - A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book 6: The Ersatz Elevator

These are all very rapid reads...

coverThe Ersatz Elevator (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book 6) by Lemony Snicket: When I started this book, I wasn't certain was "ersatz" meant, although I had a general idea. Instead of looking it up, I figured the book would give me a definition, probably in a very funny way. I was right, of course. It didn't only give me the denotation, but the connotation, as well. The cliff-hanger continues, and I have to wonder what will happen at the end. All that we've been promised is that it will be unhappy. And we've been promised an unhappy ending repeatedly. Over and over and over again. In this case, the kids seem to have a chance at happiness, but only if they forget about their friends. 4 starfish