Monday, September 13, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 9 September 2004 - Part III

Justice League Unlimited: The Greatest Story Never Told: Heh. Booster Gold. Heh. On the one hand, I found it completely unfair that Booster could save the freaking world and still get dressed down by Batman, on the other hand... it's Booster Gold. I loved the "Green Lantern" running joke, too. A nice little fun one. I still hate the new theme song. 3 1/2 starfish

JSA #65: This book definitely works much better for me, personally, when it focuses on just one team member. In this case, the focus on Hourman works nicely to keep the book from spiraling out of my knowledge. Ok, I had to ask hubby who the "D" guy was because I couldn't remember, but other than that it was pretty good. Now if only every issue was so readable. 3 1/2 starfish

Go Girl: The Time Team: Nice little manga-sized book, nice little simple Archie-like characters, fun little story with a bit of moral thrown in for good measure. Nothing I would recommend to your average superhero reader, but that's not what this book is aimed at. This is a girl book, and makes no promises to be anything else. For what it is, it succeeds nicely. 3 1/2 starfish

Powers #4: The coloring in this book throws me off, just like it's supposed to. The story throws me off even more, but then this book has done that from the start. This is a terrifying story so far, and Bendis isn't a writer I exactly trust to keep things calm and happy at the end. I'm waiting for the next issue. It's nice that these have been coming out so fast, by the way. I'm wondering if they will fall off pace again soon, and hoping that I'm not jinxing them by saying so. And no, I didn't read the letter column. I generally don't on this book. 4 starfish

Still to review: Aquaman.

0 comments: