Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Review Copy Reviews

Here are two more books sent to me by Atomeka to review for you.

Bricktop A1 Special: Um. Not my style. Not something I enjoy at all. Lots of violence, gore, and just odd things happening. Art isn't too bad, except for what it's depicting. I'm sure this kind of book has an audience, but I'm not in it. Not recommended. 2 starfish

Mr Monster Versus the Nazi From Mars or Mr Monster: Worlds War Two ("whichever you feel is the catchier title", according to the indicia): I have a sketch from Michael T Gilbert, but this is the first full Mr Monster story I've read. I liked it. Lots of fun. It's a goofy little tale with lots of action and not much depth. I like the art a lot. It's not something I'd recommend to just anyone, but if you are in the mood for something strange and different with a pulp mag feel to it, get this. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Job Wanted by Shooting Star Comics. And there might be something more in this big pile of "to read" stuff, I'll have to get through more of it first before I can tell for sure.

0 comments: