Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Random Thoughts

After reading my enthusiastic comments about Tom Beland's True Story Swear To God: Chances Are..., and my note that I needed to get hubby-Eric to read it, hubby-Eric picked up the book from the "return to the library" stack and started to read it last night. He didn't stop reading until he finished, and there were a lot of moments of laughter along the way. And yes, it did make hubby-Eric turn "into a reminiscent romantic fool." We spent the next couple of hours quoting lines from the book at each other.

Gutterninja tackles Iron Wok Jan.

Mystifying Oracle wants you to preorder Four Letter Worlds. Now that I have a better idea of what it's about and who is in it, it will get a second look from me.

I was going to point out that Fox Trot mentioned Swamp Thing as my usual Mike Sterling link, but he beat me to it. Oh well.

Polite Dissent discusses captive audiences and how we ought to distribute comic books where people are waiting... like in waiting rooms! I've often imagined buying a whole bunch of subscriptions to Aquaman for doctor offices, but that one of those "when I'm rich" fantasies.

Jeff Parker finishes his FallCon report. And Monitor Duty calls in bits of his report.

Here's a promo image from the New Doctor Who. No, I'm still not excited. I still have to see this thing actually on my TV before I'm going to get pumped. I'm more inclined to believe it's going to happen now, but I've been burned too many times to get my hopes up even now.

Scary Larry Osterman explains digital audio in such a way that even I understood it. Wow.

LEGO has really advanced since I was a kid. I mean, I don't think I could finish the first level of Mario Bros, but this LEGO contraption can.

Very small humans found in dig. "In what is being hailed as one of the most spectacular paleoanthropological finds of the past century, researchers have unearthed the remains of a dwarf human species that survived on the Indonesian island of Flores until just 13,000 years ago." I'll let other people make the jokes.

Oooh... Unshelved is tackling the issue of children left alone in a public place. I actually like what the kid did... heh.

The thejohncleese.com website is officially open, don't forget your hat.

0 comments: