Monday, October 25, 2004

Rapid Reviews - True Story Swear To God: Chances Are...

True Story Swear To God: Chances Are... by Tom Beland. My first thought as I finished reading this book was "why aren't I getting every issue of the ongoing by this guy???!?????" I loved True Story, Swear to God: 100 Stories. And this just confirmed it. This book is spectacular. This book is fantastic. This book is incredibly romantic, and every woman or girl who reads ought to get a copy. If I had any money at all right now, I would not only get a copy for myself (I checked it out from the library), but I'd get a copy for my non-comics reading friend Carmen, who is from Puerto Rico and would love this book. After that, I might get copies for a few other folks, but Carmen is the one I thought of first. And I know I'm going to have to get any of the single issues I can lay my hands on. Don't take my word for it, check it out from your library or buy your own copy. This book is one that everyone should have in their collection. And I've really got to ask Larry Young if he plans on collecting more of Beland's work. I know I'd love to see more. Go visit the AiT/Planet Lar website and the page for this book. This one is as highly recommended as they come. I can almost give it five starfish... let's call it 4 and 3/4 starfish... 4 1/2 starfish

Update: Go visit Tom Beland's Website.

Coming later today: Linkblog and More Reviews. I hope.

0 comments: