Saturday, October 09, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 6 October 2004 - Part II

Phantom #4: Strange little story that emphasizes the generational nature of The Phantom. There are some nice links to the past in this one, and indications of trouble for the future. All-in-all, pretty good. 3 1/2 starfish

Conan and the Daughters of Midora: I prefer the "regular" artwork on the Conan book, but other than that this was a good, if extra long, issue of Conan. I'm not sure the special was needed at this point in the series, but it didn't detract from it at all. Worth a read. 3 1/2 starfish

Demo #10: Ha. Almost got me. If I hadn't read some of the writer's comments, it would have gotten me. I am a bit curious as to the girl's real motive there, if it wasn't money. But a strong story, particularly if no one spoils the ending inadvertantly. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Jax Epoch and the Quicken Forbidden Vol 2, Justice League Unlimited, Swamp Thing, The Ballad of Sleeping Beauty, and Marvel Age Fantastic Four.

0 comments: