Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Random Thoughts

Poor Mark Evanier, he's getting hate mail for a comic strip he doesn't write.

Mike Allred wants YOU to write to Dan Didio and request that the Teen Titans Swingin' Elseworld Special be released. In other Allred news, the second edition of The Golden Plates will be out in March.

Someone figured out the codes for wholesale cost at Long's Drug. I'm not sure why they'd want the wholesale cost out on the sales floor, but I do understand why they coded it. Via Boing Boing. And, for the record, there are two codes on the price tags at the shop I work at, one is the date the item was priced and the other is the location of the item in the store.

How to make a miniature orange (out of fimo). This is just way cool. Via Boing Boing.

Absolutely hilarious wikipedia discussion for Sollog (who is ... well, go read it and see. I don't think I can describe him). Via /.

William Raspberry sums up the whole gay marriage thing very nicely in his latest column (registration may be required).

Speaking of politics, if you live in Washington State, voted absentee, and are afraid your vote didn't count, you can contact your county elections office and ask. I was curious, so I called King County Elections to check. My absentee ballot was confirmed and accepted. Whew.

It is December 14th. There are, by my count, at least 17 days left in the year. It is NOT time for 2004 round-ups yet. Last year, I started my review on the 18th and listed, month-by-month, nominees for best book of the year. I think I'll try to do the same this year, despite not having quite the same problems with life this year as last. Here's last year's progression: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, Final Nominee List which includes other awards, and the Best Comic Book of 2003 according to Bloggity-Blog-Blog-Blog.

And lastly, build yourself a hero. I couldn't quite make Mera, but here's a Mera-ish gal:

Mera Gal

0 comments: