Monday, December 13, 2004

Random Thoughts and DC Solicits

Near Mint Heroes recently posted a list of good bloggers. Following NMH's lead, Chris "Lefty" Brown made his own list. I'm honored to have made both lists.

Lemony Snicket's "The Lump of Coal". Um. Ok. Via Franklin.

Video game scares off robbers.

Eric Harshbarger likes LEGO. He built a working Grandfather Clock out of LEGO, and the Mona Lisa, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Via various places.

Better folks than I are covering the March 2005 solicits from DC. So I'll just stick to Aquaman.

I'm not really all that interested. Why? Because I'm beginning to feel like I can see where this story is going already. I feel like there aren't going to be any surprises or anything fun. With Pfeifer I knew I would be surprised. Arcudi seems to be playing it by the numbers. The last thing comic book fans want right now is a by-the-numbers story.

The first Arcudi issue featured drug dealers in Sub-Diego. Boring. And worse, already done only a few years back. The next issue or two focuses on Aquaman being too much a king. Fine, that's somewhat original. Not really original, but at least it's not set in Atlantis. Then we get Ocean Master. Ug. And now? Apparently a brutal cop (which showed up in the most recent issue, if I'm not mistaken) becomes a water monster and challenges Aquaman's authority. Yawn.

I thought Sub Diego would breathe some new life into Aquaman... but it's turning into Atlantis West, and that's just blah.

0 comments: