Friday, February 04, 2005

The Best Romance Comic Currently Published

First there was True Story, Swear To God: Chances Are...

Which, by the way, you will all be buying for your loved ones this Valentine's Day, right? With chocolate. Lots of chocolate. Yummmmm. Chocolate.

*ahem*

Then, there was True Story, Swear To God: 100 Stories

This one is good as either an intoduction to Tom Beland's work, or as a compliment to Chances Are... There are samples from this book at Tom's Website, and I urge you all to go check it out. If you haven't at least read Dancing Crab, you aren't allowed to read comics. I also recommend Diana Would Smile, but that's just because it has an Aquaman joke. Yes, trust me, the regular book is a romance comic. And it's all true.

Moving on, now you can pre-order True Story, Swear To God: This One Goes To 11!

No, I haven't read it. Nor have I read the individual issues. But I know I can strongly recommend it sight unseen. In fact, for all you guys getting the first book for your girl for Valentine... follow up with this one. It'll be out in May.

Why do I bring this up again? Because of what Larry posted over at AiT/Planet Lar, which I have shamelessly stolen and posted here:

What are you waiting for? Go order this. And the other two. And start ordering the singles from Previews. Go on.

0 comments: