Monday, February 14, 2005

Obligatory DC Solicits Post

I'm sure others have/will cover the rest of the solicits sufficiently. I'll just focus, as usual, on my speciality.

Great cover, particularly when you look at the close-up and see what the "chains" are made of. The solicit itself is promising, and after two strong issues my interest is beginning to burn again. This issue has Black Manta, which would have made me yawn except for the twist thrown in. Then, just to make things even more interesting, it looks like we'll get to see Atlantis again... I wonder what will have happened there in the time we've been away?

But that isn't all. Nope. DC Direct is tormenting me this month with not one, but TWO new Aquaman action figures. And Black Manta, too, just to drive it home. The first Aquaman is part of a JLA gift set.

I'm going to have to check out the price on this one, but I know I want it. The other isn't a set, thank goodness, but another round of figures based on Alex Ross' artwork:

I think I want both figures. I really need to get that aquarium fitted out so I can put Aquaman figures in it and display them properly.

0 comments: