Monday, February 14, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 9 February 2005 - Part I

Dorothy Gale: Journey to Oz #1: A new version of Oz, but not totally original. Ok, the take on Toto is one I hadn't seen before. Same with Glinda. Amusingly, the Flying Monkeys appear to be much closer to their original origin from the books than most versions I see (which make them out to be pure evil... not so!). The artwork is nice, the story promising, but the price is a killer. I'm not sure it was worth $6. 3 1/2 starfish

Captain America & The Falcon #12: "Brothers": This actually does a nice job of summing up the plot and pulling everything together. In fact, pretty much all the rest of the story makes better sense to me now. Not too bad. 3 1/2 starfish

Outsiders #20: "Back to Normal": Um. That was an interesting splash page. And the issue mostly limited itself to one plotline, a rarity in current comic books that reads like a breath of fresh air. Plus, although it refers to previous events and sets up future plots, it's a nice done-in-one. Not bad. 3 1/2 starfish

Batman Strikes! #6: "The Cat's Prize": I still can't get into the TV series, but this issue makes me almost want to watch some more. I like this version of Catwoman. Not perfect, but a readable issue of an otherwise unremarkable book. 3 1/2 starfish

0 comments: