Thursday, February 24, 2005

Rapid Review - Movie Night

Triplets of Belleville: I believe the animation style would best be described as "grotesque", and the story also reflects that. The first half of the movie is really slow. It takes a long long time for the pieces to start pulling together into something more and more fascinating. I don't think I could call it a great movie, but there is a lot in there to take in. I suspect this is one of those movies that improves on subsequent viewings. The animation, once you get past the distortions, is simply amazing. The attention to detail is clear even on the first watch-through. In short, since this is a rapid review, I can say that this is a fun movie. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, though, and if you do watch it be aware that it starts very slowly and builds to a very odd finish. 4 starfish

0 comments: