Friday, February 18, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 16 February 2005 - Part I

Green Lantern: Rebirth #4: "Force of Will": I'm still not sure if this explanation will fly. This issue was disjointed and a bit confusing. There are two plotlines, and I'm really wondering if they will ever join back up. Again I can't say much without some spoilers, so I'll just leave it at that. 3 1/2 starfish

Birds of Prey #79: "She Rides The Eye of a Hurricane": What must it be like to be the child of a policeman? This story brings that into sharp focus, not to mention the added terror and pride of the daughter of a superhero. I don't know much about Thorn, but I guess I'm going to learn. Origin month continues at DC with a recap of both Canary and Oracle's lives. 3 1/2 starfish

JLA: Classified #4: "This Guy... This-- Gardner!": Just more of the same Giffen fun, with the added difficulty of Sue, as described in the opening caption. Fire's patience with Mary Marvel combined with Beetle and Booster's antics makes for a fun story, but then add in some detective work and Ralph's sudden *um* "misconception", and this becomes freakin' hilarious. Definitely worth checking out if you like Giffen's sense of humor. 4 starfish

Teen Titans #21: "The New Kid": Speedy joins the Titans as Dr Light decides to retrieve his dignity after the events in Identity Crisis. Mia manages to hold her own, and I'm liking the character a lot in this book. Again, it seems to be origin month at DC as we get a recap of the history of the Titans, complete with scenes of Aqualad. As for Dr Light... this is the way to reboot a villain. He's much more of a threat now, at least he seems to be. I'm very curious as to how this story is going to turn out. 4 starfish

0 comments: