Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 16 February 2005 - Part II

The Ballad of Sleeping Beauty #7: With 24 full pages of story, this book really shows me that decompression in comic book storytelling both works and doesn't work. At the end of each issue I just want the next one. But the book was paced well and was full of detail. This one reveals a major aspect of the story. It doesn't shove it into your face, but the revelation answers a lot of the questions I've had about this series. I wonder now how many more issues there are. 4 starfish

Noble Causes #7: I loved the center page spread, showing a bunch of heroes, including WildGuard, fighting the menace. The story was strong, as usual, and the fun of seeing my letter printed in the back was also nice. 4 starfish

PS238 #10: Ok, I like Prospero a lot, and Tyler is always fun... I'm just not terribly fond of Angela. I would have liked to see more of Victor and Zodon, I think. I can't get enough of Victor after learning that he's based on a real person that I (sort of) know. On the other hand, it's nice that Prospero can be understood by somebody. I wonder if his speech balloons have been translated by anyone yet? I couldn't ever figure out the first appearance balloons. Tyler's choice of comic to copy with the putty was cool. And I loved Victor and Zodon's project at the end, too. I want some. 4 1/2 starfish

0 comments: