Thursday, February 10, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 2 February 2005 - Part III

Lions Tigers & Bears #1: Joey is moving, and he needs some protection from the beasties. His grandmother provides protection in the form of a set of stuffed animals that are more than they appear to be. This is a fun little book, although I have a hard time identifying with Joey since he seems to be scared of every shadow. Then again, it appears that his fears may be justified. Mildly recommended. 3 1/2 starfish

Justice League Unlimited #6: "In The Dimming Light": An old Green Lantern doesn't know when to hand over the ring to a successor, and when his enemies bring their fight to Earth his problems become the Justice League's problem. A nice little tale of respect for elders. The not entirely-sly commentary of Zibar about John's choice of friends is pretty amusing. This is a pretty good issue, even if Aquaman appears only on the cover. 4 starfish

Incredible Hulk #78: "Tempest Fugit" Part 2 of 5: I had to know where the second Hulk came from, so I went ahead and bought this issue. And although I have a better idea of what the second Hulk isn't, I still don't know what it was. I think I'm going to have to read some more. 3 1/2 starfish

0 comments: