Saturday, February 12, 2005

Sketchbook - Greg Mannino

You can read all about Greg at the cast info for Dorothy of Oz. And I recommend it. Now, those of you who have read Dorothy of Oz may be a bit astounded at the style of this Aquaman. I was just impressed. It took awhile to pick my jaw up off the floor. It also took me two days to figure out who this Aquaman reminded me of, and if you ask nicely maybe I'll tell. This sketch was done at The Emerald City Comicon, and you can read my con report for more details.


AQUAMAN
by Greg Mannino
6 February 2005
(permission to post given 6 February 2005 in person)
Dorothy of Oz

As a reminder: Almost every sketch in my sketchbook was non-commissioned and done on the floor of a con. These are not the best works of the artists. These are only representative of what the artist can do under pressure in a loud, crowded, and often stressed-out environment. Most of them were done as quickly as possible, to prevent huge lines from forming. Don't judge any of these artists negatively by the artwork you see, instead be as impressed as I am by what they accomplished in far-from-ideal conditions.

To see all the sketches I have permission to post so far, check out my Sketchbook Page. If you have any contact information for any of the other artists I'm trying to contact, please e-mail me. Click for a random Aquaman sketch.

The Saturday Sketch ™ is brought to you by the letters "G", "M" and the number "84", and also courtesy the fine artists who pour their lives into producing wonderful comic books, then come to conventions only to get asked by geeky fangirls for a sketch of Aquaman. Support an artist, buy a comic book.

0 comments: