Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Wicked

This morning while working on my computer, I started listening to the soundtrack to "Wicked" which hubby-Eric got, I think as a review copy for his website.

Oh wow.

I really want to see this play now. Yes, I admit it doesn't fit the Oz from the books. In fact, certain bits of certain songs only make sense to me if I'm looking at Oz from the point of view of the MGM movie. I think I'm going to have to read the book it's based on. But wow, it sounds really good.

I think my absolute favorite song is "Defying Gravity" which I kept whistling once I got to work. That's definitely the showstopper. I also liked the loathing song, "What Is This Feeling?" which, having had roommates in the past, I could identify with. "Popular" was a funny reminder of people who want to help you despite yourself. Two others that will stay on my play list for awhile are "I'm Not That Girl" and "No Good Deed".

As a person who generally likes musicals, this sounds like a great one. I hope it comes to Seattle soon. I suspect it won't be hard to convince hubby-Eric to take me.

0 comments: