Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 23 February 2005 - Part III

Legion of Super Heroes: Triplicate Girl? They've done a nice job of making her interesting although her power does seem a bit... strange. I'm a little confused by the plotline... more the way her date fits into the larger picture than any specifics. Still, it's a good book. 3 1/2 starfish

Outsiders #21: "Silent Partner": Ouch. This one ends well. And all's well that ends well. Ok, not entirely. I don't like Batman that much, and I'm really tired of the batfamily angst. But the ending is something else entirely. 3 1/2 starfish

Seven Soldiers #0: "Weird Adventures": Um. I wanted to really like this. Instead I'm just mildly irritated with it. Maybe the various minis will make this issue read better in retrospect. Lots of good ideas, but I'm not sure about the execution. 3 starfish

Solo #3: "Paul Pope": The only two stories I didn't like were the ones clearly set in the DCU. The first story was fantastic, "On This Corner" also really appealed to me. I didn't like the OMAC story at all, and the Batman/Joker tale was... ugly. 3 1/2 starfish

0 comments: