Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Training Update for the 3-Day

As most of you know, I'm walking the Seattle 3-Day this summer to raise money and awareness for Breast Cancer Research. I'll be walking 60 miles over the course of three days. The net proceeds will support breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment through the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

Please Donate

If you can donate, please give a little at my 3-Day page. I still need to raise another $1900 by July... I've only got $200 raised so far. My thanks go out to Laura White and Brooks Sports who donated shoes and equipment to me for the Walk.

If you want to follow my adventures in training, I'm trying to keep all the posts linked together at my 3-Day Training Archive. I'll admit it's a little picture heavy, so be warned that it might load slowly.

And lastly, does anyone know what kind of bird this is? I saw it on yesterday's training walk, and maybe it was the context, but I couldn't figure out what it was. Sorry about the blurriness of the image, but I wasn't able to get a second shot.

0 comments: