Monday, March 28, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 9 March 2005 - Part I

My new goal is to finish most of my March reviews before the first April books arrive. No promises about this week's books, but I'll try to read the last three weeks' worth of stuff... yes, including the latest Aquaman.

Seven Soldiers: Shining Knight #1: "The Last of Camelot": Sir Justin looks like a girl. Is he? And where's Winged Victory? This horse... it talks. It threw me out of the story. I even had to set the book down and wait until I got the oddness through my head. I'm a fan of The Shining Knight, but this doesn't bear much of a resemblance of the Sir Justin I like. 2 starfish

Bloodhound #9: "Demons": I'm not sure what to make of this one. Zeiss I know, but oh so very little. I could use that on-line DC Encyclopedia about now to look him up. I think I've figured out the why of the fires, but I'm still not sure about the how, except for it being super-powered. As usual, a brutal and interesting part of a tale. 2 1/2 starfish

JSA #71: "Past Mistakes": Oh, but the pages with Mr Terrific were so satisfying. Now that the troops are gathered, which took about two issues longer than needed, hopefully we'll get down to the actual story. Still, the Terrific pages make up for a lot, in my book... 2 1/2 starfish

Green Arrow #48: "Greeks Bearing Gifts": An excellent cliff-hanger on this one. And the Duke of Oil is a fun villain for an extended fight scene. This one comes in at about the average for superhero books. 2 1/2 starfish

0 comments: