Thursday, May 26, 2005

Rann/Thanagar

So when I mentioned to my husband that the comics blogosphere is rapidly becoming more divided over the whole Rann/Thanagar thing, he simply responded "OA!"

I'm having second thoughts about Rann myself. I'm not a huge fan of the DC science fiction stuff in general... and Hawkman at least was active on Earth for a long time, whereas Adam Strange was generally not Earthbound. But I don't go in for guys with wings, while rocketpacks seem pretty hot. But Strange is almost a complete mystery to me, whereas Hawkman has at least teamed up with Aquaman a few times. I don't recall any major Adam Strange/Aquaman team-ups... Aquaman's pretty much useless in space and Adam doesn't do much on Earth at all. My least favorite Aquaman guest appearance ever was in a Hawkman book, though. And Hawkman's continuity! Yi, let's not even get into that.

Yeah, I guess I remain ever so slightly Rann-leaning... but just barely. I'm not really a fan of either planet.

0 comments: