Friday, May 27, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 18 May 2005 - Part I

Green Lantern Secret Files 2005: The first story was pretty good, but what the heck was up with that second story? It doesn't really add anything to the mythos or the storyline, it doesn't even clarify. This one was barely worth getting. 2 starfish

Plastic Man #16: Ug. 1 starfish

Birds of Prey #82: "The Long Count": I still don't get what Wildcat and Canary are up to, so I'm not sure what's happening in this issue. And then we get the whole tie-in with Booster looking for Beetle. And Helena's odd little sojourn. It's getting confusing again, and I'm not sure I'm happy with it. 2 1/2 starfish

Teen Titans #24: "The Insiders": Huh. Part of this book picks up where the last Outsiders left off. And I'm just not sure what to think of Superboy in this one. I'm beginning to think maybe I'm better off just reading the animated DCU and not the regular DCU for most of my stories. 2 1/2 starfish

Seven Soldiers: Guardian #2: "Homeless Superior": Um. Ok. I wanted to like this, but I just don't buy the mystic subway pirates thing at all. Maybe the next issue will improve the mini. 2 starfish

0 comments: