Thursday, July 14, 2005

More Random Thoughts

While everyone else is off at the Nerd Prom, time for some more Random Thoughts.

Rose addresses women in comic book blogging, with a side commentary about Comic Book Galaxy. I don't notice women bloggers because I generally don't notice gender unless it becomes an issue in something someone writes.

I have read at least two accounts of the Loch Ness Monster being seen on land, and looking a lot like a very large eel... perhaps that's really what it is.

Nerd Prom Pictures on Technorati.

Garrett directs us to Diane Duane's Blog and Podcasts. I'm not yet a fan of podcasts, mostly because I dislike the sound of my voice when recorded and thus have a lot of trouble playing with it. I also am a visual learning, so listening to people talk holds very little appeal for me.

Four Color Meat and Fish does some reviews, including the latest Aquaman.

How about some Boing Boing links?

How To Build A Yurt. This link is dedicated to my big brother, Yurtbreath.

Boing Boing links to a Red Scare Comic Book, and MetaFilter found a wealth of links at the site.

Little Lulu collections go over well with Boing Boing.

Sleep Paralysis... I have experienced it a couple of times. Not at all pleasant, but you find yourself kind of wanting to experience it again just so you can be sure that's what it really was.

Water Pump driven by children's playground equipment. It gives two gifts to poor villages: Clean water and toys for the kids.

New Bigfoot Sighting, Chocolypse Now, Super Mario Physics, Lunch Hour Comix, and WWII Navy Cartoons. Whew.

How about visiting Aaron Williams while he rants about mouses. Mice. Er. The Game he links to is terribly nastily addictive... just move the dots so the lines don't cross. Easy. Uh-huh.

Go Problems on the Web that I really need to study one of these days so that maybe I can figure out the strategy of Go.

We The Media. There is something I want to say on this subject, about the emergence of a new community, but I can't figure out how to put it into words that don't make it sound like the same thing everyone else has been saying for years. But I saw something on July 7th that I hadn't seen before, and I suspect I'll see it again. But it all has to do with the way people are becoming information brokers simply because they can. If I ever actually figure out what I'm trying to say, I'll write about it.

This MetaFilter topic is one of those that folks ought to read to understand how inhuman humans are capable of being.

Don't understand the Rove/Plame thing? Here's a concise summary. And Diane Duane uncovers an interesting Rove tidbit. Hmm, indeed.

0 comments: