Friday, July 15, 2005

Even More Random Thoughts

News from the Nerd Prom: I don't know if this link will work, but there appears to be a new Aquaman JLU action figure. And here's another.

Friends of Lulu Awards.

The Beat cover the Nerd Prom... "the day's biggest news was probably the official announcement of the long-rumored Spirit book by Darwyn Cooke". The Spirit. By Darwyn Cooke. That may be the only artist I would accept to do a new Spirit series, just because I know he would do something different and yet respectful.

Brill Building Audioblogs the Con.

More Warren Ellis Nerd Prom pictures.

And in other news... To paraphrase Groucho a little: I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me. To any other Pacific Northwest comic book bloggers: We don't need no stinkin' club. Trust me.

Making Comics Better. I particularly like this: ...they don't solicit it until it's done and ready to go out the door. I wish all companies could do that. Then we wouldn't get so many annoyingly late books.

The new Unshelved amuses me because I checked my number in the queue for the new Harry Potter yesterday and discovered that the book is "on the way". When I called the library to find out if they would actually have them on Saturday, the librarian said, "Yes, but it might take us awhile to get them all processed... Sunday at the latest."

Another addicting Web Game. Once again, it's Augie's fault.

How to make a Chia Couch. I wish I had lawn, the couch would come later.

Molasses and Beer floods, not nearly as funny as they sound.

Mark Evanier has some intelligent speculation about the whole Rove/Plame thing... and he rightly points out that nobody knows who leaked Plame's identity yet, so some of the left blogs are jumping the gun. Speaking of guns, Billmon describes the prosecutor in the case, Patrick Fitzgerald.

Oh, and by the way, The War in Iraq is still illegal.

0 comments: