Saturday, July 30, 2005

More Thoughts

*sigh* I just can't seem to stop thinking...

Shane is linkblogging again.

Tom Spurgeon's minute-by-minute coverage of the Eisner Awards is well worth reading, and confirms Mark Evanier's opinion of awards ceremonies.

Amazon Special Deliveries. Be sure to watch the Lemony Snicket one (July 9th). It had me giggling all the way through.

Astronomers have found a tenth planet. Only, it might not be a planet. And it's in the wrong area.

Trash Heap directs us to D&D Made Simple... but it's the process chart on page 2 that gets me: Is it alive? Is it a friend? Is it scary? Does it jingle? Heh.

Marta draws cool Harry Potter fan pictures. She's started drawing scenes from Half-Blood Prince, now... but beware. Here There Be Spoilers.

The Spriggan Mirror is paid for up to Chapter 32, which might be the whole book, but might not. I know I'm enjoying it, and I'm glad I contributed a little.

Even if they were a good moving company (which they probably aren't), the fact that they threatened a blogger over a negative comment about them on his site means they shouldn't be trusted. Via Boing Boing.

American Airlines works with the union and the workers, and turns a profit for the first time in 5 years. "...when American's management intensified its cost-saving efforts, it didn't turn to high-priced outside consultants. Rather, it asked its employees, since they do their jobs day in and out and know them probably better than anyone else." Maybe if I ever fly again, I'll go American Airlines.

Free papercraft downloads from Yamaha motors. And not just of motorcycles. Maybe I'll download a penguin.

Re-examining the Swastika. Via MeFi.

0 comments: