Monday, August 22, 2005

Lots of Planets Have a North!

I continue to update my Blogaround Challenge with any new blogarounds people send to me. Here's some nice links to enjoy...

Steve Lieber's father: $209 Round Trip.

I wasn't considering getting the new Buckaroo Banzai at all, but this great cover almost made me change my mind. I'm not sure what appeals to me, but it just seems right to me.

Peter David on Entourage. I agree, the show hasn't really dissed Aquaman yet. When I first heard that an HBO show was doing a plotline involving Aquaman I expected tons of lame jokes. So far, they have treated Aquaman with just the right amount of respect a superhero deserves (not a lot) and haven't retread any stupid jokes. The costume was hilarious. I haven't yet seen the episode that PAD refers to in his post, but I'm looking forward to it.

Here's a fantastic article about lost books. Books that were written, but lost to us through the movement of time. Via Bookslut.

I want one. I also want the original. If any of my family members are reading this and need to get a gift for me... well. There they are. And I wouldn't mind having doubles of them, either.

Flying Spaghetti Monster label to put on your car... and now Flying Spaghetti Monster has a posse. Update: More FSM.

The Mysterious Piano Man goes home.

Ravers in Utah are attacked by cops at what apparently was a perfectly legal concert. If the local cops were concerned about illegal drug use, there were far better ways to combat it than using tear gas on a peaceful crowd.
Update: Here's the other side of the story. I still think tear gas was overdoing it big time. I've seen the videos. No one was resisting, they were just confused. Thanks to Garrett for the sheriff link.

I don't really know what to make of this one: A Christian take on the Bush Administration.

0 comments: