Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Random Thoughts

I gotta admit, the Blogaround is working far better than I expected it to. I keep finding new and interesting blogs through the links other folks are posting. Everyone who accepted the challenge: Thank you! It has given new life to my enjoyment of the comic book blogosphere.

The Comic Book Wife has a low opinion of the artwork on the latest Aquaman.

Devon on Black Manta.

Matt suggests dumping continuity. Which I've always been in favor of, in a limited way, for a long time. Don't dump the character continuity, but tell the story you want to tell, even if it contradicts the past a little. Anyway, read the comments on the post. Lots of good stuff there.

Scott at Polite Dissent got a thank you in a comic book. I really wish I could do something impressive enough to merit a thank you credit. Especially in Aquaman. Oh well...

Mystery Scream in Ohio. This one is funny if only because of the really cheesy news segment that covers the story.

Speaking of screams, Political Wire links to an interesting research paper on the infamous Howard Dean scream. I was fascinated by the results, because I didn't have any negative reaction at all when I first saw the scream and just wondered what the fuss was about. Maybe I first saw the shot that included the audience reaction?

The Museum of Hoaxes tackles Piano Man. But the real reason to check this one out is to read about Princess Caraboo.

Augie has found waiting list information for hybrid cars. I would love to get a hybrid.

Isotope Comics Toilet Seat Art. Hey, I've got an Aquaman sketchbook, who am I to judge?

Boing Boing links: Faces, Balloons in mid-Pop (look at the expressions of the people doing the popping), more on the Utah Rave, Gigantic Klein Bottle (hubby-Eric wants one), List of Klingon Fairy Tales, and Really cool Labeling Tape.

For the rest of today, assuming the anti-nausea medication doesn't knock me out, I think I'll go play around in the wiki and add some more series that I actually have information on. It's kind of promising, so far, with some good stuff in the Detective Comics entry and some of the basics in the Aquaman entry worked out, too.

0 comments: