Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It's... Random Thoughts

The Blogaround continues to grow, like some mutant form of space squid. At this point I've got 17 blogarounds listed (including my own). And I continue to find new and interesting blogs by visiting each list as I post a link to it.

My other current project is the Comics Wiki, and in addition to my example entry for Aquaman, we have solid entries for Usagi Yojimbo and True Story, Swear to God and starts of entries for Detective Comics, Action Comics, Green Lantern, and Green Arrow. Not much, but it's a start.

Jeff Parker brings us the wonders of Portland, many of which, especially that last panel, are shared by Seattle.

TangognaT has a Manga Giveaway.

I agree with pal Dorian on the Batman and Robin thing. Heck, I agree with Dorian on TONS of stuff, so go read his blog already.

Tom Beland is writing Spider-Man Unlimited, and I'll certainly be getting that issue.

The Beat goes to an anime/manga convention.

Dust Devils On Mars.

More Flying Spaghetti Monster links.

Boing Boing links to a neat flowchart that tells how to determine if a work is in public domain.

Scientist Trading Cards.

There's a nifty Jon Stewart interview in Wired, which talks about the on-line distribution of The Daily Show, among other things.

I wasn't going to link to this article about restaurants unintentionally overcharging customers... then I saw the name of the college student they interviewed: Alex Ross was beside himself when he received his bank statement last month and found that Thai 65 had charged an extra $2.44 to his Visa Check Card.

I'm not sure where I found this article, but I have one major question. Why on Earth would a plant that makes Coca Cola be producing huge amounts of cadmium? Has it got something to do with the cola or with the bottle/cans?

A scientist explains what The Discovery Institute in Seattle is really about, and it's about what you'd suspect. The folks behind Intelligent Design simply want to destroy science.

Mark Evanier links to this really good article about health care in the United States. I found that I understood the health care debate for the first time after reading it.