Monday, August 08, 2005

Rapid Reviews - Smoke and Guns

This one reminds me of the Couriers books. Lots of action, lots of violence, and absolutely nothing that really appeals to me. Ok... two things that saved this book from a completely negative review. One is the artwork. Even death looks good when drawn by Fabio Moon. It's not perfect art, and there are definitely bits of the story where I lose the thread, but overall it's excellent. The other is late in the book there's a suggestion of a deeper plot going on, one that I'm still unsure of, but enough to make this more than just a gang war with cigarettes. I wanted more of that extra plot, though, and didn't get it. And I can't tell if there will ever be any follow-up to this, either. So, to sum up: not my cuppa, nice art anyway. 2 starfish

0 comments: