Thursday, September 22, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 21 September 2005 - Part I

Thanks to this Crud I have, my reading comprehension has dropped noticably and my ability to get through even a simple comic book has been hampered. I tried several times today to start reading my comics, and so far I've only managed to get through two of them. If my reading is this slow, I'm not sure how slow my reviewing will be...

Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle #1: "New Godz": I ordered this before I decided to drop Seven Soldiers, but I wish I hadn't bothered. I've never been a fan of the whole New Gods thing, and this is just a lot of that. There are some nice twists, as is usual with Morrison, but it's still not very appealing to me. Wiki. 2 starfish

Day of Vengeance #6: "Chapter Six: The Death of Magic": This is not how I expected this mini to end. I guess I supposed that it would be a case of the Spectre defeated, or the Spectre winning... but this... is a little different. I finally understand Shazam's role in this. He's the one who explains to the readers what is really happening. And I particularly liked the solution to the Eclipso problem. Definitely better than I expected. Wiki. 3 starfish

0 comments: